How to Get 2000 Cash Through the BISP Nashonuma Program?
The Benazir Income Support Program (BISP) Nashonuma is an unconditional cash transfer program by the Government of Pakistan that aims to provide financial assistance to vulnerable families across the country. The program targets destitute women and provides them with Rs. 2000 per month to help meet their basic needs. This blog post will explain what the BISP Nashonuma program is, eligibility criteria, how to apply online, and why this program is important for empowering women in Pakistan.
What is the BISP Nashonuma Program?
The BISP Nashonuma program was launched in 2020 under the Ehsaas initiative of the current government. It is an extension of the main BISP program and focuses specifically on assisting the most underprivileged women in society.
The word “Nashonuma” means one who fulfills. Through the monthly stipend of Rs. 2000, the program aims to fulfill the nutritional needs of pregnant women and children under 2 years of age. The cash assistance enables beneficiaries to purchase essential food items, medicines, and other necessities for themselves and their children.
Some key features of the BISP Nashonuma program:
- Provides Rs. 2000 monthly to eligible beneficiaries
- Focuses on undernourished pregnant women and children under 2
- Aims to address malnutrition, stunting, and other health issues
- Part of the Ehsaas socio-welfare initiative
Overall, the program serves as a social safety net for the poorest segments of society and empowers women financially. The cash grants give beneficiaries decision-making power on how to spend the money for their family’s welfare.
Eligibility Criteria BISP Nashonuma Program
To qualify for the BISP Nashonuma program, potential beneficiaries have to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Woman should be pregnant or have a child under the age of 2 years
- Must have a valid Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC)
- Household should meet the cut-off score under the BISP poverty ranking system
- Family should not be receiving any other nutritional support from other programs
The BISP poverty score is calculated using a Proxy Means Test (PMT) that looks at various household factors like assets, utilities, income sources etc. Families with a PMT score under a designated threshold are eligible for BISP programs.
In addition, priority is given to:
- Pregnant women who are malnourished or anemic
- Children under 2 years suffering from malnutrition or stunting
So in a nutshell, vulnerable and undernourished pregnant women and mothers are the main beneficiaries of the BISP Nashonuma program.
Benazir Nashonuma Program 2023
How to Apply for the BISP Nashonuma Program Online?
Benazir Income Support Nashonuma Program
- Get your valid CNIC ready. This is a mandatory requirement.
- Visit the BISP Nashonuma website. Click on “Register Now”.
- Enter your CNIC number and captcha code. Click on “Get OTP”.
- You will receive a one-time-password via SMS on your registered mobile number. Enter this OTP and click “Verify”.
- Next, you need to enter some personal information like name, husband’s name, address etc. Make sure all details are entered correctly.
- Answer the eligibility questions truthfully regarding pregnancy, children, income sources etc.
- Enter your regional bank account details where you want to receive the cash assistance. Make sure to double check the account number.
- Agree to the terms and conditions and click “Submit Application”.
That’s it! Your application will now be submitted for processing. If eligible, you will receive a confirmation message and further details. The cash transfers are done quarterly through regional bank branches.
How do I register for the 2000 Nashonuma program?
To summarize the registration process:
- Get CNIC and bank account ready
- Visit BISP Nashonuma website
- Enter CNIC and get OTP
- Fill personal details, eligibility responses
- Provide bank account information
- Accept terms and submit application online
It’s a fairly simple and straight-forward process. The online method saves beneficiaries frequent visits or paperwork. You can do it all on your phone as well.
Why is the BISP Nashonuma Program Important?
The BISP Nashonuma program is truly lifesaving for underprivileged households. Here are some reasons why it’s so important especially for women:
- Addresses Malnutrition – By providing Rs. 2000 per month, poor women can now afford nutritious food for themselves during pregnancy and their children in early years. This helps combat malnutrition, stunting, undernourishment which is common in low-income segments.
- Financial Inclusion – Having their own bank account and receiving cash gives women more financial independence and decision power on household expenses. They don’t have to rely solely on husbands for their needs.
- Dignity – Beneficiaries have greater self-worth and dignity when they can independently provide for their family’s basic needs. It prevents the humiliation of begging or borrowing money for food.
- Poverty Alleviation – The cash grants are a stepping stone out of inter-generational poverty. Meeting nutritional needs can improve health, ability to work, and care for children.
- Women Empowerment – Financially empowering women uplifts the entire household. Educated and healthy mothers raise healthier children and give them better opportunities in life.
- Reduces Gender Inequality – Making women financially independent and enabling access to food resources aims to reduce the deep-rooted gender inequality in the Pakistani society.
Thus, the BISP Nashonuma program takes a compassionate and empowering approach to uplift the marginalized in Pakistan. The cash assistance is not a free handout but a chance for destitute households to get back on their feet.
The Benazir Income Support Program’s Nashonuma conditional cash transfer program provides a valuable safety net for underprivileged women across Pakistan. By providing Rs. 2000 per month, it enables vulnerable households to meet the nutritional requirements of mothers and infants. This fights malnutrition and promotes the health and wellbeing of women and children.
Pregnant women and mothers of children under 2 who meet the eligibility criteria can easily apply online through BISP’s website. The application process is free of complex paperwork. If you are eligible, you just need your CNIC and bank account to apply.
This program is an important part of the government’s vision for poverty alleviation and women’s empowerment. The conditional cash grants are not just monetary support but a chance for destitute women to regain financial independence, dignity, and self-sufficiency. Empowered women create empowered households and children, thereby uplifting generations.
FAQ’s about BISP Nashonuma Program
What is the BISP Nashonuma program?
The BISP Nashonuma program is an unconditional cash transfer program launched in 2020 under the Ehsaas initiative. It provides Rs. 2000 monthly stipend to underprivileged pregnant women and mothers of children under 2 years to meet nutritional requirements.
Who is eligible for BISP Nashonuma?
Eligible beneficiaries include pregnant women, mothers with children under 2 years, with valid CNIC and poverty score under threshold. Priority for malnourished pregnant women and children.
How can I apply for BISP Nashonuma?
You can apply online through the BISP Nashonuma website. Enter your CNIC, get OTP, fill personal details, provide bank account, agree to terms and submit application.
What documents do I need to apply?
You need a valid CNIC and bank account in your name to apply for BISP Nashonuma online. Other details like names, address, income sources also required.
How often is the cash assistance provided?
The Rs. 2000 stipend is provided quarterly to beneficiaries through designated bank branches across Pakistan.
How does BISP verify eligibility?
Eligibility is verified through CNIC, PMT poverty score using household factors, responses to questions on income, pregnancy, children etc.
Can I get payments without a bank account?
No, you must provide your own valid bank account to receive the cash transfers under BISP Nashonuma.
How long does it take to get registered?
Online registration takes 10-15 minutes. Verification and approval can take 4-6 weeks after which you will get payment confirmation.
Where can I get help for registering?
You can visit nearest BISP Tehsil office for registration help. Call helpline 0800-26477 for queries.
How does Nashonuma empower women?
It empowers women by providing financial independence, improving health, fighting malnutrition, uplifting from poverty for themselves and children.